Thursday, November 6, 2014

November Butterfly comes to Northern California

Goddesses, fairytale queens, and legendary heroines: these are the stuff of fantasy. Aren't they? But November Butterfly introduces them in the vivid colors of now...Tania Pryputniewicz remolds these characters: they batter down your door, rush into your living room and unapologetically take all the most comfortable chairs. In return, they offer clear and often cold-eyed views of their worlds dominated by the men and circumstances they are steered by...I read and re-read sections, astonished by the fresh and dynamic beauty in the writing that opened a door for these characters to step into our time: utterly captivating and overwhelmingly relevant...--Excerpt from first Amazon page review to go up for November Butterfly, with gratitude for Sandra Hunter (LosingTouch)

As a newbie author, I have to share the unexpected joy of walking into the public library here in downtown Coronado to see November Butterfly in the local author display. True, I had turned in the book to the librarian when the call came out, but I had forgotten about it until I walked in last night with my daughter. What a rush! 

The most recent poem in the collection to be featured online, Guinevere Braves High Noon in My Backyard, can be read here, at The Mom Egg: Author Note: Tania Pryputniewicz on November Butterfly (poem follows the Author Note). 

I'll be in Sonoma County next week--come out and play with me! I'd love it if you pre-registered for the workshop so I know how many strings of paper dolls to make for us--use my Contact page to email me regarding payment. Certainly I will not turn anyone away at the door; feel free to just show up for the reading portion if that's what's in the cards.

Monday November 10th, 2014:

Sonoma County Book Launch Event: "Writing Past Fear: Free Your Butterfly" Workshop and Reading

Sonoma County’s Coffee Catz holds a special place in my heart; not only did I get to spend Friday mornings for a few hours writing when my children were babies (Grandpa and Grandma took over every week so I could sneak away), but we even hosted the baby shower for my firstborn in the back room behind the velvet curtain. Owner Debbie chatted me sweetly all through my first pregnancy and the next.  I am so thrilled to return to use that back room to celebrate November Butterfly’s release. Come out and write with me for an hour; we will follow our writing workshop with a reading and book signing. No prior writing or art experience needed.

Workshop descriptionWhat story have you kept in the cocoon? What would happen if you wrote it out, just for you? In this dual focus workshop, we’ll consider our heroes, both famous and family, who have inspired us. Using them as inspiration, we’ll write our cocooned core stories. We’ll also explore the butterfly and hero metaphors via colored pencils and paper cutouts. Art supplies provided.

6761 Sebastopol Ave
Sebastopol, CA  95472

2:00-3:00: Writing workshop (Free Your Butterfly, description above); $30 includes hour long workshop and a copy of the poetry collection, November Butterfly. Please contact me to pre-register. Or sign up at the door.

3:00-4:00: Reading and book signing (free of charge)


Tuesday November 11, 2014:

Bay Area Reading and Book Signing for the poetry collection, November Butterfly

I’ll be reading with Saddle Road Press sisters Ruth Thompson (Woman with Crows) and Michelle Wing (Body on the Wall).










Moe’s Books, Berkeley
2476 Telegraph Ave
Berkeley, CA 94704
7:30 p.m. (free of charge)








No comments: