Monday, October 27, 2014

Book Launch Events for November Butterfly, Saddle Road Press


In six short days, on November 1st, my first poetry book, November Butterfly (Saddle Road Press) launches! I’m honored to be at this threshold. Come out and celebrate with me…I’ve put together a very special book tour I’ll be bringing to a number of cities, starting with San Diego, for which I’ll combine a hands-on writing workshop and reading/signing format.

Writing Through Fear: Free Your Butterfly

During this one-hour workshop, we’ll spend some time considering mentors, writing about the inspiration public and private mentors offer us to overcome challenges we face, and writing about our own core stories. We'll use paper cutouts to explore our metaphors. No prior art or writing experience necessary. Included in the $30 workshop fee is a copy of November Butterfly.  Or come for the reading/signing only if you wish ($5 suggested donation at San Diego Writers, Ink event).


Pre-register here for the Coffee Catz/downtown Sebastopol workshop on Veteran’s Day, November 10, 2014 (reading/signing only free).

No need to pre-register for the Berkeley Moe’s Bookstore reading (free event). I'll be reading with my Saddle Road Press Sisters, Ruth Thompson and Michelle Wing at the invitation of Poetry Flash on November 11, 2014. More information here on my Events page. 


Related Links:

Two more poetry prompts in celebration of the poems in November Butterfly: 

Thumbelina Weighs Her Options: November Butterfly Prompt 8

Ophelia, Circling Possible Futures and Alternate Endings, November Butterfly Prompt 9

Anecdote of healing up at the Mom Egg, a look at writing process, with the poem "Guinevere Braves High Noon in my Backyard" (excerpted from the collection): Author's Note: Tania Pryputniewicz on November Butterfly


No comments: