Thursday, June 19, 2014

Vibrant Trio of Poets read at Moe's in Berkeley Tonight

Without hesitation, a bit of brash self-promotion--these two women I'm reading with light me up, so I'm proud to say we'll form a vibrant trio tonight at Moe's Bookstore in Berkeley.

I've been in Northern California, first on an incredible retreat, and now loosed to enjoy the river roots with friends and family for a second week. Come out to hear us read tonight at 7:30 p.m. if you are in the area--Michelle Wing will be reading from Body on The Wall, and Ruth Thompson, Woman with Crows. We are all Saddle Road Press sisters, and better yet, Ruth Thompson heads up Saddle Road Press (with Don Mitchell).

I'll be reading from my forthcoming collection, November Butterfly, most likely reading from the section featuring the iconics...as well as from the Camelot section--Mordred's Dream (up soon at Poetry Flash).  To see the photo poem montage Robyn and I made for Mordred's Dream, or recent others montages, including one for Thumbelina, visit my photo poem montage page.

Mother would say I was born
naked and blind like a hummingbird...

--from Marilyn, November Butterfly

Teaching news:

I'll be working with bloggers again in July--this time at San Diego Writers, Ink. For full course description, visit my  teaching page. Class runs Tuesday's nights 6:30-8:30 p.m. July 1st to August 5th.

Poster courtesy of Michelle Wing.

Photo of butterfly by Robyn Beattie.

Cover Design for all three poetry books:
Don Mitchell.

2 comments:

Edith said...

Oh how exciting! Enjoy your reading tonight. I'll be there in spirit :)

Tania Pryputniewicz said...

Thank you Edith!